Wednesday, August 12, 2009

grr...

Not finding anoles is frustrating. We walked to the very far stream again this morning. 10 miles round trip and we found one lizard. And it's not clear that the cameras were working anyway. It's ok, though, because Anthony came to the stream a little before us and found 25. I feel like a failure. Oh well.

Other than that, it's been a lot of walking and a lot of lizard watching. We went to the other stream yesterday and had more luck (although if the cameras aren't working -- water damage -- we lost that data too). The guy gave us a ride again, though, so it made it a lot better. We continue to climb the Mayan stairs to the tower in search of lizards that I don't think exist. Except that Anthony keeps finding them. The man is a machine.

On the upside, I've been getting a lot of reading done. I think I've read more novels in these 3 weeks than I did in my senior year. This has been a lot of fun but I think we're all ready to go home. Which is good because I go home Saturday.

Anyway, animal list: tamarins :), black vultures, the cutest baby flycatchers, hummingbirds, a mot mot! (these cool tropical birds that make their own tail rackets -- they pluck out part of their tail feathers near the end so that it looks like it bulges at the end), beetles, butterflies and monkeys!

Summary:
- getting ready to go home; the lizards sense this and have gone away
- Anthony = a beast
- at least I'm reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment